Thursday, July 29, 2010

Roundup, week of August 1st

Good heavens how is it already almost August?!? Are you making the progress you wanted this summer? How about this year? No time like the present to kick it in gear!

What Happened Last Week

What happened was that I led 4 meetings in 4 days, so I have a ton of celebrations, and I'm not sure which sheets are for what meetings. So I'm going to list all of them!

But before I do that, remember to snack smart. Snacking can be an essential tool in regulating your hunger and providing good nutrition. But done poorly it can also be a source of empty calories and a barrier to progress. Do it right, and remember that when you snack it, YOU TRACK IT.

On to celebrations this week: Kelle and Paul both got five pound stars; Char and Daniella have now lost 10 pounds; Scarlett reached 15 pounds lost; David got to 20 pounds lost; Victoria hit 45, Jessica at 60, and Josh has lost an astounding 85 pounds! Tasha, Daniella, Lois and Jeane all got to 5% lost, and Jalie hit her 10% target. What a fun (and busy) week!

So What's Coming Up?

The topic for this next week really hits home with me - uncontrolled eating. If you've ever hid your eating from anyone, or felt like you were totally unable to stop, this is the meeting for you. We might hit upon some touchy subjects with this one, but I think it can be a powerful one.

Thought for the Week

A man who wants something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse. - Stephen Dolley, Jr.

Other Things In The Works

Recipe Swap! - once again, you've requested it, we'll do it. Start thinking about your favorite recipe and be ready to bring it in and share. I haven't decided what week we'll actually do this, but once I get everyone's recipes, I'll also post them here. ONE CAVEAT: anything you share with us must have either nutrition information or Points value available. This means you may have to use the Recipe Builder or do some math. I will not do it for you!

Summer Potluck Picnic! - do you think it would be fun to hang out with some fellow healthy minded folks? Would you like to share healthy dishes and have some fun outside? Stay tuned for details....

No comments: