Sunday, January 31, 2010

Reflections on January

So here we are, on the last day of the month. As per the usual, time has seem to go faster than it ever has before. But now that the typical Resolution Month is over, it seems like a good time to assess and figure out how things have gone.

I've definitely go the Move More part of our program down pat. Between the YMCA and LA Fitness I'm definitely getting my sweat on the way I should be. I've also recently made a new friend who is a workout buddy, and that's helped me be a little more consistent with my yoga practice, something I can never really commit to on a long-term basis.

My message to you on that is this: if you can get an exercise buddy in your life, you should. Just like you all rely on the accountability of our meetings, you could probably use a little accountability for exercise, too. Don't know where to find a buddy? Well gosh, why not try finding one in this week's meeting?

All right, so how is the Eat Healthy part going? I think I'm doing okay, but I don't feel as sharply focused as I did in December, which was a great month for me. I almost wonder if having the challenge of all the holidays made my resolve greater to stay on track, and now that it's gone, the fire sort of flickered out. Interesting thing to ponder.... I still have some habits that get in my way (don't we all?) but generally I'm doing A-OK at maintaining that weight loss.

Have you taken a look at how this month has gone? Have things gone the way you'd liked? If not, what can you do starting RIGHT NOW to make it happen? This is a great time for you to look at those goals again, and make sure your actions are consistent with achieving them. Need some help? Let me know! Let any of us know. Chat up the person sitting next to you in this week's meeting. They might have some great insight for you.

And now, on to February. And hello Super Bowl!

1 comment:

Jackie Donaldson said...

Thanks for the shout out! I love being your exercise buddy! You made me laugh when I read your comment in an earlier blog about Nacho Popcorn. Tee hee.