Thursday, January 07, 2010

Roundup, week of January 10th

What Happened Last Week

Another week, another Lifetime Member! This time it was Trista, who celebrated the evening next to the lady who dragged her into the meeting in the first place. Yay! Ruthie also received her 10% keychain this week.

Week 1 of 10 Essential Diet Strategies was discussed this week - TRACKING. That's right! How have you been doing so far this week? Are you aware? If not, why not? You can start it up again right now!

So What's Coming Up?

Strategy #2 - using Filling Foods to stay ahead of hunger. Eating less food can leave you with hunger pangs, which is going to make sticking to your new plan difficult. Fortunately we have a list of great foods that do so much to keep us filled and well fueled. Learn how to stay satisfied!

Our 2 Points bars and baked snacks are still on sale this week, marked down to $3.50. So if you have a favorite, now is the time to stock up and save.

Something Neat To Get You Moving

My gym, LA Fitness, is working with the Muscular Dystrophy Association's ALS division on something called Augie's Quest. They are hosting a 2 hour fitness class on Saturday, January 30th from noon to 2pm. Members and non-members are welcome, and the price of admission is a donation to the charity. You can register for a spot online right now!

I've signed up for a slot at the Kearny Mesa club, which is on Shawline near our Clairemont center (it's next to Wal-Mart if you know that area). I don't know at the moment what the 2 hour workout will consist of, but I'm game for anything. In the promotional material there are both bikes and aerobics pictured, so it could be anything! I'm going to try and find out more just to know what I'm up against, but I think it will be challenging and fun!

If you're feeling up to the challenge, why not join me? Let me know if you end up doing this.

Stay tuned to this blog for an entry this weekend about the physical I had earlier this week. I have some interesting information and thoughts for you.

No comments: