Saturday, January 02, 2010

Help your resolution...and mine.

Every year at this time I get inspired to go through my stuff and Get. Rid. Of. Things. I swear, you need someone to help you clean out the garage? You want me around. I am pretty ruthless about getting rid of things I don't use, and it's pretty satisfying.

In starting this process, I realize I have a handful of health-related things I no longer use, and that you, my partners in Weight Watchers, might have use for them. Here's what I have:

Weight Watchers Get In Shape! DVD - we sold this in the meeting room several years back. It's got 3 30 minute aerobic workouts: one at each level of intensity. I actually used this DVD a lot at some point, typically combining 2 of the workouts to get a full hour of exercise. Recommended, I just don't have room in my living room to use it.

Weight Watchers Get Moving Mix - this is another meeting room DVD, and it's actually one that might still be available at some of our locations. It has 5 different workouts, including abs, toning and pilates. I never did the aerobics based ones, but did the pilates, toning and abs, combining them into a longer workout.

Kathy Smith Lift Weights to Lose Weight Volume 1 and Same Thing, Volume 2 - the road to hell is paved with good intentions, people. A few years ago I wanted to increase the amount of weight work I did, and thought this might be a way to do it in a way that was more convenient than gym-based workout classes and less embarrassing than trying to learn how to use the weight machines. I used volume 1 probably less than 5 times, and I don't think I ever used volume 2. The DVDs are fine, and come very well reviewed. I just learned that I am unmotivated to workout to DVDs at home - no accountability. And space in a 700 square foot one bedroom condominium is at a premium.

And finally, I have a set of Reebok 5 pound hand weights (I couldn't find an image, but they look sort of like these except they are orange.) which will help you use the above workouts. I also used these for some classes at the gym, but worked up to heavier weights - yay!

So...do you think any of these things will help you in your quest to Move More this year? If so, they are free to you, if you're the first person to contact me. Take them off my hands. PLEASE!

No comments: