Thursday, May 24, 2012

Week #21: Spice It Up!

Flavor is a big thing with me. I am not a fan of eating bland food. Simply put, I don't get a lot of food to eat on any given day, so I want it all to be really tasty! It's become such a thing around my house, that my husband will randomly shout "FLAVOR!" when I'm cooking or when we're discussing food. He knows it's that vital.

This past week's issue of Weight Watchers Weekly did such a great job of listing some spices that are a bit off the beaten track. For example, epazote? Have you ever heard of that, or better yet, tried it? I'm sure it's possible to find it somewhere locally, but my favorite online spice store Penzey's happens to carry it.

Hmm. Reading their description of it, it sounds like an ingredient that might come in handy around these parts. Ahem.

In completely unrelated news, a Weight Watchers coworker recently shared a note she got from a member right after Mother's Day. I think it's good for a chuckle!


To whom it may concern:

Please excuse my Mom, Fran, from watching what she eats for just this week. I invited her to my home for Mother's Day dinner, where I prepared Chicken Marsala, Chicken Piccatta, Chicken Frances, Roasted Red Potatoes with Garlic & Rosemary, Broccoli with Garlic, Chocolate Pudding Pie, Peanut Butter Pie, and Bread Pudding. I forced her to eat more than she wanted to eat.

Thank you...David.

2 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

i love the weight watchers "excuse" note, that is too cute!

And I'm with you, love food with FLAVOR!!!

Edward said...

That mother's day note really is priceless :D. Sneaking her way through a diet like a boss :D.