Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Day in the Life

It's a rare day when Weight Watchers is closed. We pretty much stick to our schedule but for a few holidays each year, and Easter is one of them. Since I work a Sunday meeting (as many of you know), this is pretty much my only guaranteed Sunday off, unless Christmas or New Year's Day happens to fall the right way.

Being with my Weight Watcher peeps is actually one of the highlights of my life, but I'm not gonna lie - it's nice to have a day off once in awhile! But since we didn't hang out today, I thought it might be fun to share with you some things I did to make good use of my time.


I started the morning down at Mission Beach for an early run. I met up with a couple of friends after that to walk up and down the boardwalk. There were plenty of surfers, a few beach Easter services, and more than a few people out for a nice stroll.


When all was said and done, I covered about 12 miles. Which worked up an appetite. This dish is called "Nirvana" and it's from Isabel's Cantina. I highly recommend their breakfast and lunch menus if you're ever in the area.

The rest of the afternoon was spent cooking (I made the couscous with chickpeas and oranges from our latest cookbook...among other things) and lamenting the state of Padres baseball.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

No comments: