Thursday, August 06, 2009

Newsletter, week of August 9th

Last Week

I hope you enjoyed sharing food ideas with each other. Remember, you're always welcome to bring in a food package for show and tell. We never get tired of talking about food, and we can always use new ideas.

This Week

Cravings - they strike fear in the heart of anyone trying to eat less. We'll tackle the topic and how to try and get them under control.

Kudos

Stephanie and Kaitlyn received their first 5 pound stars, Erica reached 15 pounds lost, Dawna reached 43 pounds lost, and Heidi has now lost 105 pounds! We also gave out 16 Week Stay and Succeed charms to Jack and Connie, and awarded August Lifetime at Goal stars to Marianne and Lynn. Wednesday free Lifetimers - and I know there are plenty of you - I think we forgot about this! Make sure you get yours next week - remind me if I forget!

WW Product of the Week

Now through the end of August, all of our 2 Point bars and baked snacks are on sale. Essentially, anything we sell at $4.50 a box (pretzels, cheddar twists, apple cinnamon bar, etc.) is now $1.00 off, priced at $3.50. If there's something you love, now is the time to stock up, since it will save you money!

Weekly Potpourri

I linked to a Glasbergen comic in one of my newsletters a year or two ago, and it ends up being my most popular page according to my stats counter - this guy is pretty well known and sought out, I guess. You can check out a bunch of health and weight related comics, like this one at his website: Randy Glasbergen.

What's Hot at WW.com?

The dairy GHG is usually a troublesome one for many members. We specifically talked about it Wednesday, and someone mentioned an article on the Weight Watchers website. Well, out of the kindness of my heart, here you go. It not only talks about why dairy is beneficial, it also has tons of ideas to make it happen.

Quote of the Week

You cannot change anything in your life with intention alone, which can become a watered-down, occasional hope that you'll get to tomorrow. Intention without action is useless. - Caroline Myss

No comments: