Thursday, April 19, 2012

Week #16: Put Color On Your Plate

I know I'm not the only one who wants to eat food that looks tasty. I'm pretty sure that's one of the major sources of Pinterest's recent popularity - people wanting to look at tasty food!

For me, enjoying the look of food often means lots of color. I've shared in the meeting room an experience I had making a meal several years ago. I made some mashed potatoes, served it with some chicken breast, and if I remember right some corn kernels. And plated it on our regular china...beige plates. BO-RING.

Take a look at some of the recipes I've made recently here, and you'll see a lot of color. Don't be surprised by all the vegetarian/vegan options there - I don't eat meat anymore, so that's what I make these days. Many of you eat meatless every once in awhile anyway, or could easily throw some cooked meat into many of the dishes I've linked to. But look at all those different fruits and veggies - great variety of colors (and vitamins & nutrients, too).

No comments: