Friday, April 13, 2012

Week #15: Exercise Plan B

I'm sitting here listening to one of the better rainstorms we've had here in San Diego recently. Even in a city with beautiful weather (mostly) it's handy to have an exercise Plan B. And really, it's not even just weather that can necessitate having a plan B.

Over the years, the following items have gotten in the way of my exercise routine:

Inclement weather (mostly I'm up for being in the rain, but I do have my limits)
Smoke and ash from massive wildfires
Illness
Lazy-Ass-Itis*
Injury
Sleeping through my alarm (unintentionally and intentionally)
Working late
Going into work early
Doctor/Dentist/Eye Doctor appointments
Being bored with my exercise routine
Holiday gym hours
Travel

There are probably even other things I didn't think of, and I'm guessing that with all these different things, any of you could find something that would disrupt your routine. Plan ahead with a list of things you can do "just in case" so that when any of these things happen, you know what your options are and don't get caught empty-handed!

*Yes, that's a thing

1 comment:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Didn't see this post before I put mine up, but we posted about exactly the same question!

And came to the same conclusion: Plan B's are definitely a necessity!