Thursday, October 21, 2010

Weekly Recipe: Beans and Rice Ole

I didn't do much cooking when I first joined Weight Watchers, but I've still managed to collect over 10 years of cookbooks. So sometimes I have to get in the Way Back Machine and pull out one of the older books to find something. This one has a terribly hokey name, which in my mind makes it TOTALLY OBVIOUS that it's a Weight Watchers recipe. But if you're looking to put together a quick dinner, here you are:

Beans and Rice Ole
Makes 4 servings

One 19 ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 cups cooked brown rice
3/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup minced parsley
3/4 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish and sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake uncovered until the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.

Per serving: 302 calories, 1g fat, 646mg sodium, 53g carbs, 6g fiber, 20g protein

No comments: