Monday, August 30, 2010

Potluck Picnic Recap

Yesterday eight of us gathered at Liberty Station park on a beautiful day to have a "healthy potluck." What I'd announced that to mean is that while you were welcome to bring whatever dish you like, you needed to be ready to provide Points values for your offering. That way, the environment would be a safe and easy way for us to have fun and stick to our goals.

Taking photos of foods labeled on white index cards on a bright sunny day is apparently well beyond my photography skills, but I did manage to get this one that'll give you an example:



I think it was unanimous that Liberty Station provides an excellent venue for a nice day outdoors. There were plenty of tables and grills, lots of grassy areas, clean bathrooms, and most importantly plenty of parking. The park is right beneath the flight path of Lindbergh field, so be prepared to hear planes, but otherwise since the park is relatively new, it's still an undiscovered gem.

All the dishes offered with healthy and AWESOME, and I hope to highlight those recipes right here in the near future. Stay tuned!

Thanks to Emily, Mike, Sue, Wendy, Pam and Jackie for coming out and spending the afternoon with Chris and I. Despite ample sunscreen, I still managed to get a whole summer's worth of burn in one day. Oops.

No comments: