Thursday, June 17, 2010

Roundup, week of June 20th

What Happened Last Week?

Tracking, tracking, tracking! Whether it's building recipes to figure out their Points value, or just logging in what you eat, awareness is key to your success. Are you making a point of tracking everything (or something new) this week?

Celebrations go out this week to Pam for a first 5 pound star, Keith and Bethanie both received their 15 pound stars, and Erika celebrated 20 pounds lost. Virginia and Keith reached their 5% targets and became stars on our celebration wall. Excellent work everyone!

So What's Coming Up?

Tracking Points is important, but first we have to figure them out. Sometimes it's simple, like when we have a set portion size and full nutrition information. But what happens when we don't? We'll look at the art of estimation this week and give you tips on how to do it and get "close enough" when you can't get it exactly right.

Thought for the Week

Determination gives you the resolve to keep going in spite of the roadblocks that lay before you. - Denis Waitley

Hey, Where's the Recipe This Week?

I didn't find any new recipes that rocked my world this week, and didn't feel like posting something I randomly picked from my cookbook collection. I have a few things I need to run through the recipe builder that I might share in the coming weeks, so don't worry, I'm not giving up! If you have a recipe you love and are willing to share it, please email me or send me a message on Facebook. Ideally you'll have nutrition information with it so I can verify accuracy before I post.

No comments: