Thursday, July 09, 2009

Weekly Recipe: 10-Alarm Turkey Chili

I'm taking the lazy route today and linking you to the recipe, which comes from Hungry Girl.

It's easy, it's tasty, it uses the crock pot. And it got tastier the more days it sat in the fridge. That's my kind of recipe! Plus, it will help you get those 3 colors this week!

One modification I made - I used ground chicken instead of turkey. It bugs me that ground turkey only comes in 1 1/4 pound packages, so when I saw that Henry's carried ground chicken in 1 pound packages, I was sold. I hate having 1/4 pound of ground meat leftover. And while I'm usually good at organization, the thought of smooshing together a 1/4 pound chunk 4 times to have a full pound the 5th time I use ground turkey just isn't my bag, baby.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds delish. I love a slow-cooker recipe and I love a great bowl of chili.