Thursday, July 23, 2009

Newsletter, week of July 26th

Last Week

Keep your exercise plan consistent this summer. That might mean having backup plans for when it's too hot, or just having fun outside because you can.

This Week

Are you still in the diet mindset? This week we'll make sure you're all here For The Very Last Time (if you know what I mean).

Fruit & Veggie Challenge - this week's challenge is to try a fruit or vegetable you've never tried before. I think I'm going to hit up 99 Ranch or Zion Marketplace to see if I can find something interesting. Be ready to report your findings!

Kudos

This week's winning losers are Kendria, Kaithlyn and Elizabeth who got their week 2 bookmarks, Nellie who is at 16 weeks, Erica who reached her 5% target, Trista who has lost 40.6 pounds, Velma who has now lost 55.2 pounds, and Kim who is a Lifetime member back at goal!

WW Product of the Week

Sustainable weight loss means a lifetime of healthy eating. If you're bored with your meals, check out our cookbooks. I personally own probably 99% of the cookbooks we've sold in the meeting room in the last 5 years, and I can tell you they are full of GREAT recipes. (Pro Tip: a lot of the recipes I post here come from my huge stash!)

Weekly Potpourri

I know I've posted this product before (and even did a blog entry about a recipe I used it in here, but it bears repeating. The folks at Bell Plantation have found a way to make powdered peanut butter that is WAY lower in calories and fat than the regular stuff.

You take a spoonful of this stuff and mix it with water. Voila, you've got real peanut butter. And if you read about those peanut butter cookies, you'll know that I think it tastes like the real thing. I'm posting about this again because now they have a chocolate peanut butter that leaves me beside myself with anticipation.

You've got to order this stuff online, and you will pay for shipping, so it might be best to gather your buddies and order in bulk. You can also order a sample to see if it's really to your liking.

What's Hot at WW.com?

Ah, summer. There can be pitfalls when it comes to your eating, but this article will help you steer clear of them.

Quote of the Week

Every man is the architect of his own fortune. - Sallust

No comments: