Thursday, July 02, 2009

Newsletter, week of July 5th

Last Week

Summer celebrations are a perfect excuse to break out the grill. They're also no excuse for blowing it, since summer foods can be tasty and light! Have fun and be healthy.

This Week

We're introducing a July challenge this week - 4 Weeks to 5 Servings: A Fruits-and-Veggies Challenge. The goal is to get you up to speed on the benefits of these foods health-wise AND weight-loss-wise.

Kudos

This week we celebrated a 10 pound star for Kim and a 60 pound star for Candy. There may have been more celebrations on Monday, but since I was behind the counter - I didn't get to hear one peep of the meeting! Sorry if I've left you off this week's list.

WW Product of the Week

If we're looking to increase our intake of fruits and vegetables, we might need some recipes. Take a look at the Weight Watchers magazines and our various cookbooks. You'll find plenty of ideas to up your intake!

Weekly Potpourri

If you weren't at the meeting this week, here's what you missed:


Yep, I added yet another headband to my arsenal. Incidentally, during this "photo shoot" my husband suggested that I wink at the camera. The result is just too absurd not to share:

What's Hot at WW.com?

I love baseball, so I was tickled to find an article on it here. Remember, if it's fun, you'll be happy to exercise!

Quote of the Week

Many people like to think that they'll find balance AFTER they find success. But in reality, achieving balance IS success. - Brian Koslow

No comments: