Thursday, April 16, 2009

Weekly Recipe: Crockpot Chicken & 40 Cloves of Garlic

In my mind there is no such thing as "too much garlic" and this is a dish I've long wanted to make. This is probably the easiest version I've ever found.

Crock Pot Chicken and 40 Cloves of Garlic
Serves 8
5 Points value

3 pounds chicken (I used boneless skinless breasts)
1 large onion, sliced (I used a sweet yellow onion)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon pepper
40 garlic cloves, peeled, but intact (this was about 2 and a half heads of garlic for me)

Place onion slices on the bottom of the stoneware insert. In a large mixing bowl, toss chicken parts with olive oil, salt, paprika, pepper, and all of the garlic cloves. Pour into crockpot, on top of the onion.

Do not add water.

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-6. The longer you cook the chicken, the more tender it will be. I kept my chicken in the crock for about 8 hours, and the meat was falling apart.

No comments: