Thursday, April 23, 2009

Newsletter, week of April 26th

Last Week

Self-monitoring can take many forms, but all are important for success. Find the method that works best for you, and you can stay aware and in control.

This Week

Carbohydrates - the misunderstood food. Are they bad? Do they cause weight gain? We'll explore the truth and the myth.

Kudos

Katelyn and Mercy both lost their first 5 pounds, Irma and Annita celebrated 15 pounds lost, and Myra reached 30 pounds lost. Bridget also reached 16 weeks of membership. I know there were some other celebrations this week that didn't make my written list, so if I'm missing you, I apologize!

WW Product of the Week

We've got a brand new cookbook, as you can see from my weekly recipe. Hit the Spot looks like it has some wonderful savory, crispy and spicy meal ideas, plus some sweet finishes. And if this one doesn't tickle your fancy, we've got a couple other cookbooks to choose from - if you haven't ever looked at one, pick one up this week and flip through it. The pictures are to die for, the Points are calculated, and based on my own years of home cooking, they taste pretty fantastic, too!

Weekly Potpourri

If you're taking part in the Momentum Walk-It Challenge, make sure you're treating your feet right with a good pair of walking shoes. While you can pick up a pair at any shoe store or sporting goods store, a store that specializes in running or walking can provide you with knowledgeable staff who can fit your foot properly. I personally recommend both Road Runner Sports (off the 52 at Convoy) and Movin' Shoes (multiple locations, including one in La Mesa). During my marathoning phase, I spent a lot of time shopping with those folks, and they kept my feet (and the rest of me) pretty happy!

What's Hot at WW.com?

Everyone's got their trouble spots, and mine is my abs. I'm sure many of you will be in that boat with me. So when I spied Tummy Toners vs. Time Wasters I was intrigued. Check it out for some hints on techniques to get the most out of your sit-ups.

Quote of the Week

It doesn't matter which side of the fence you get off on sometimes. What matters most is getting off. You cannot make progress without making decisions. - Jim Rohn

No comments: