Friday, February 13, 2009

Newsletter, week of February 15th

Last Week

Using advanced techniques like SetPOINTS values can help you keep your eating plan easy and livable. Did anyone try it this week?

This Week

You might have certain habits that hinder your ability to stick with a food or activity plan. Replacing those habits can be helpful. We'll help get you started on that this week.

Kudos

Sharon got her first 5 pound star, Dianne reached 10 pounds lost, Christine hit her 5% target, and Amber got her 30 pound star. We also celebrated Steve's 45 pound weight loss, Dan's 55 pound weight loss, and the fact that Heidi has now lost over 80 pounds! What a fantastic week for everyone.

WW Product of the Week

One of your habits might be snacking when you don't intend to (or have Points left!). Our snack bars can help you with that. Whether it's a sweet tooth or a salty tooth you have, our 1 and 2 Points bars can be a nice snack that fits easily within our program. (My favorite is the Peanut Butter Bliss!)

Weekly Potpourri

Many of you recall that I spent last weekend doing some Weight Watcher training. I spent the weekend in Garden Grove attending Basic Leader Skills (BLS). This is the training that all new leaders go through, and it's changed A LOT since I was trained almost 12 years ago. My mission was to experience what a new leader does, so that I can be a more effective mentor. I also got the opportunity to refresh my memory on some things, and think about how I can facilitate a better meeting for everyone.

On the last day, after all the trainees presented a full meeting (complete with lots of anxiety!) we paused to snap a picture:



Some of you may recognize Helen, and she was in attendance as a mentor like I was. None of the other trainees are from San Diego, so it is unlikely you'll see any of them in a local meeting room, but various points in Orange County and Los Angeles County are about to discover some great new talent!

What's Hot at WW.com?

Looking for some new food ideas? Check out this article that has some healthy food substitutions that might help you boost your weight loss. At the very least, it might help combat boredom and give you a few new ideas.

Quote of the Week

Believe while others ..
By William Arthur Ward

Believe while others are doubting.
Plan while others are playing.
Study while others are sleeping.
Decide while others are delaying.
Prepare while others are daydreaming.
Begin while others are procrastinating.
Work while others are wishing.
Save while others are wasting.
Listen while others are talking.
Smile while others are frowning.
Commend while others are criticizing.
Persist while others are quitting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie,
Altho I was sceptical about the Set Points, (it's that old dog and new tricks thing), I tried it and I think it works. It's easier to remember than I thought it would be and it helped me make different choices. Great newsletter, as always. Thanks!
Marianne

Outsmart the Fat! said...

That's great, Marianne!

I typically don't eat out very often, and when I do it's on my "free day" so I haven't had occasion to use SetPOINTS very much personally. But I think it's a great way to estimate and not spend a whole lot of time figuring and calculating.