Friday, December 19, 2008

Newsletter, week of December 21st

Last Week

Staying successful through the holidays is possible. Keeping in touch with your weekly meetings helps, as does staying active. You can do it!

Incidentally, if the weather or traffic kept you away from your meetings this past week, do try to get in to the meeting this week. You missed me in my ANTLERS for goodness sake! That's worth the price of admission right there...isn't it?

This Week

We'll continue our discussion of holiday survival tips, this week focusing on our habits and our eating choices.

Monday folks - Monday is my birthday, so come on in and help me celebrate my 35th Weight Watchers style!

Wednesday folks - I know it's Christmas Eve, but we WILL be open! Please join Fern and I. I might even have a special surprise for you....

Kudos

Sari received her 10 pound star this week. This time of year my celebrations list is a lot shorter than it usually is, but if you're sticking with the program and checking in, know that you're a winner no matter what the scale says.

WW Product of the Week

Our smoothies are a great way to get in your dairy servings (don't forget those Good Health Guidelines over the holidays!) and can help beat hunger in the face of all those holiday treats. Our 1 Point mini bars are also a nice substitute for all the red and green wrapped candy that's everywhere. Arm yourself with low-Point options and chances are you'll do better.

Weekly Potpourri

Speaking of antlers, (I was, wasn't I?) if I could get my hands on a pair of these babies I'd be delighted!



This is courtesy of Garfield Minus Garfield, which never fails to crack me up.

What's Hot at WW.com

You've probably figured out by now that I'm not the girliest girl out there, but one of my vices is buying smelly lotions. And for some reason the lotions I buy often smell of food. Huh, I wonder why that is? Here's a quick review of a few different products that will smell great without the Points.

Quote of the Week

"The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those, which fail." - Napoleon Hill

No comments: