Friday, June 08, 2012

Week #23: Set a Summer Goal

I absolutely love this past week's issue of Weight Watchers Weekly.

I love that it has the calendar grid for you to visually plot out all the upcoming special events - I filled mine in this morning, and it looks like there's something each month that I will have to consider.

I love that it has spots to actually WRITE DOWN some goals. If you don't commit it to paper, how is it going to happen? Again, I spent some time filling mine in this morning.

So, do you want to know what I want this summer? I do want to end the summer a few pounds lighter than I entered it, but I know from past experience that setting a "pounds lost" goal with a timeframe doesn't work for me. I can't exactly pinpoint why, but I rarely seem to lose the weight in the time frame I think I can, so I instead focus on other things.

Most of my goals are activity based. There are a few classes at the gym that I've been telling myself I would try, and just haven't actually walked through the door to do. So I wrote those classes down as THINGS I WILL DO THIS SUMMER. Next step: what specific day will I do them? I've also been saying that I will run a half marathon "later this year sometime" but have yet to actually pick a race. I realized recently that this is because if I actually pick (and register!) for a race, I'll actually have to commit to training and DO it. By the end of this summer I will be registered for a half marathon. The race itself probably won't be until fall/winter, but plunking down the cash for it will be a big step.

And finally, my last reason for loving this week's handout is on the back page. Did you see it? The "Bravo" member this week is a woman who is about to turn ONE HUNDRED YEARS OLD and she's been a Lifetime member for 20 years. Are you kidding? I want to be her when I grow up!

No comments: