Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Thanksgiving Thought

I've just finished reading Jonathan Safran Foer's book Eating Animals. I didn't come here to discuss the meat (heh) of his book - for about a million reasons, the greatest of which is that it's not appropriate for this particular forum - but to share a quote about Thanksgiving.

Of the thousand-or-so meals we eat every year, Thanksgiving dinner is the one that we try most earnestly to get right. It holds the hope of being a good meal, whose ingredients, efforts, setting, and consuming are expressions of the best in us. More than any other meal, it is about good eating and good thinking.

No matter what you eat (or don't eat) in the next week or so, I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving. I give thanks just about every day that I have you all in my life.

No comments: