Saturday, May 30, 2009

May Update: Goals 2009

May is essentially over, so here's another look at how I'm doing on the path to achieving my goals for the year.

1. Get back down to 130.

May starting weight: 138.6
May ending weight: 137.8
Net Loss: 0.8 pounds

Man, I love this part of the goals update entry. For June, I am going to revise this goal. Eight or so pounds may not seem like a lot, but I think I need to look at this in smaller steps. My goal for the end of June is to weigh in at 136.

To do this, I'm going to have to keep an eye on the evenings and weekends, which are the times I'm likely to fall off my eating plan. In particular I have trouble with weekend breakfasts, since it falls outside of my weekday routine, which I have down pat. I will have to come up with a breakfast plan for Saturdays and Sundays. And for weeknights, will have to use all the WW tips and tricks I've collected over the years to make sure I don't snack after dinner, when I have no Points left.

2. Lay off the diet soda.

I did a pretty poor job in May of noticing how much soda I drank. I did some traveling, and had some family in from out of town, so I spent many more mealtimes in restaurants in May (hey, maybe that had an impact on goal #1 too...) so I know I had more soda than I might otherwise. But I'm still drinking less diet soda than I once was. While I'd like to return to a more mindful space, I can still say I've done well with this one.

So. How are YOU doing with YOUR goals? If you're struggling with some of them, take heart - so am I! But together we can do it, so be sure to show up for some weekly group support. We'll get you back on track, for sure.

No comments: