Thursday, September 08, 2011

Weekly Recipe: Eggplant Kibbeh

I made this recipe over the weekend, and it is phenomenal! I'm using it as part of my lunch, but it could also be a great side dish, or something you'd add some grilled meat to and call it a meal.

The recipe is from a vegan cookbook called Appetite for Reduction that I've been cooking from all year, and if you're interested in that sort of thing, I definitely think the book is worth your time. Since typing it all in here is iffy from a copyright perspective, I googled and found another blog who posted the recipe: Eggplant Kibbeh.

Since the information isn't at that entry, here are the nutritionals:

For 1/6th of the recipe: 130 calories, 1.5g fat, 28g carbohydrates, 9g fiber, 5g protein, 4g sugars, 0mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium

Cook's note: bulgur is a toasted cracked wheat that's a neat replacement for some other types of grain. I bought mine from the bulk bins at Henry's Market.

No comments: