Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Weekly Recipe: Creamy Quinoa with Dried Cranberries

I discovered this recipe, which is sort of a twist on the typical oatmeal for breakfast thing. As is, the recipe figures out to 10 PointsPlus values - and that's just about the high end of what I personally would find acceptable given a 29 PointsPlus day.

I fiddled around with the recipe a little bit and discovered that if you drop the quantity of the pecans and dried cranberries from one half cup to one third cup each, that will drop the PointsPlus value of each serving to 9. I considered doing without the soymilk, but I think that would take away the creamy factor, so I didn't bother to run the numbers on it. I think the dish would still taste good made solely with water, but it becomes a different recipe entirely.

No comments: