Thursday, November 05, 2009

Newsletter, week of November 8th

Last Week

Motivation is key to get you through the upcoming holidays. I hope you're thinking about what you'd like to achieve by the end of November. Make it happen!

This Week

Another way to keep on track through the holidays is to make sure you stay active. We'll talk about how you can keep that up, including how to add activity to your normal holiday celebrations.

Kudos

This week we gave a five pound star to Velma who reached 60 pounds lost. She's worked hard on those last five pounds, so she was quite excited.

WW Product of the Week

While you're out running around on those holiday errands, you're taking steps. Our pedometer can keep track of those for you, and tally up not only how far you've walked, but if you've earned any Activity Points!

Weekly Potpourri

HEADS UP! The week of November 15th is the week we'll do our annual "Turkey Dinner" and discuss the Points values of all that traditional stuff. This year I want to make this meeting more successful than ever, so I'm putting the word out now.

If you know someone who is thinking about joining, is curious about our program, or if you're reading this and haven't been in the meeting room in a long time, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE. Guests are always welcome to attend a meeting for free, but at my meetings that week (Monday, 11/16 6:30pm in Lemon Grove and Wednesday, 11/18 6:30am in Clairemont) I will allow guests and you lapsed folks weigh in with no obligation. That's not usually allowed! If any guest is interested in signing up, they'll have to pay the standard fee, but if not, they can walk out the door with no penalty. Spread the word!

What's Hot at WW.com?

Since we have been talking about the Good Health Guidelines a lot lately, I wanted to remind you about our liquid guideline. I think I posted this article before, but it's a good reminder of why that cup of joe can now count as a liquid, but that martini can't.

Quote of the Week

Every achiever that I have ever met says, "My life turned around when I began to believe in me." - Dr. Robert Schuller

No comments: