Sunday, August 26, 2007

Newsletter, week of August 26th

Last Week

How long will you be working on this? FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES. Eat and do what you love now, so that you'll be able to stick with this forever. And when you know these habits will last forever, what's the rush? All in good time.

This Week

You have all the resources you need. But are you using them? We'll do a quick review of all the tools and resources you have from Weight Watchers, and focus on what areas you need a little extra help with.

Kudos

Confession: I can't find my little slips of paper showing who lost what this week. So I'd just like to commend you all for your dedication to making yourself a better, healthier person. You taking the time to read this and develop healthy habits shows that you're motivated and successful!

WW Product of the Week

Starter Kit - sure you're already a member. But do you have our food companions? Can you look up the Points value of a McDonalds hamburger or a bowl of Golden Grahams? If you can't, you need to grab a starter kit, which includes both the Complete Food Companion and the Dining Out Companion, as well as a 12 week spiral bound journal for easy tracking. When you buy these all together in the kit, you save some dough!

Non-WW Product of the Week

Many of you say that dining out is your biggest challenge. The folks at Healthy Dining have put together a book and a website that make finding the healthy choices easier. If you've heard of the book Healthy Dining in San Diego, these are the folks. Check out their website.

Recipe of the Week

Tricolor Pepper and Penne Salad
Serves 6
2 Points and Core

3 cups cooked whole-wheat penne
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
6 scallions, sliced
1/2 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
6 green leaf lettuce leaves

Combine the penne, bell peppers and the scallions in a large bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled, at least one hour. Line a serving platter with the lettuce; top with the pasta salad.

Tip of the Week

Feel like you're struggling? Pretend you're new again. Take out the 10 weeks of weekly material we've given you, and read it AGAIN. You might find things you missed, or feel ready to "start again" as if it were week one.

Quote of the Week

"And I think the key thing that I need to remember, that anyone losing a major amount of weight needs to remember, is that life isn't on hold until I hit that magical number. I'm not going to be a suffering, shameful person until that date. Every day I get a little closer, a little healthier and a little happier. Every day I'm capable of more than I was before, I'm stronger than I was before, and I look better than I did before." - anonymous Weight Watcher member

1 comment:

Eob insurance said...

I would love to try this recipe as soon as possible, mmmm, may be on this weekend !! thanks for sharing it with us!