Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Muffin By Any Other Name...

In the continuing saga of "I Cook So You Don't Have To" I present to you something you might actually care to make yourself.

Let me tell you a little secret. There's a staff message board for us at the Weight Watchers website. Mostly we post about employment policies, meeting room ideas, and our own weight loss, but every once in a while someone will try to track down an old recipe. That, incidentally, is where the Coconut Cream Pie recipe came from, and what started this series of posts.

Imagine my surprise when I logged on to find a fellow leader trying to track down a recipe for "poop muffins." One thing you may not know about me is that I have an extremely juvenile sense of humor, so instantly I knew I had to make these. It is unclear where the name comes from...is it a reference to what the finished product looks like? Is it a reference to the fact that it's a high fiber food? I shall leave the answer as an exercise for the reader, but rest assured I did reach my own conclusions on the matter.

Poop Muffins

Makes 24 muffins
2 Points per muffin

3 cups Kellogg's Original All-Bran
2 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 box low-fat brownie mix

Preheat oven to 350. Spray muffin tins with nonstick spray.

Soak cereal in water for 10 minutes. Add the baking powder and brownie mix, stirring until everything is mixed well.

Bake for approximately 20 minutes.




What do we have here - a cooking success? The muffins are dense, yet still kind of moist. And they taste chocolately. I mean come on, it's based on a box of brownie mix! Which brings me to my final thought. Although these are muffins, I'm not sure they qualify as a breakfast item. Think about it - would you think it's a good idea to have a brownie for breakfast?