Thursday, August 21, 2008

Some Housekeeping

Eagle-eyed readers might notice a few changes around here. In order to make this website a little more useful and fun, I've done the following:

Enabled Comments: If you've got something to say about something in a newsletter, now you can! I have elected to moderate comments, which means I get to view them before they show publicly. This will help prevent spam comments. Now you can let me know what you think right when you read it.

Separate Recipe Entries: Now that I've been doing this for awhile, I've posted a lot of recipes. But since they're all buried in past newsletters, they can be hard to find. From now on I'll make two entries a week - one for the newsletter, and a second for the recipe of the week. That way if you're just looking for a recipe, you don't have to wade through tons of other stuff. (Sorry, but past newsletters will stay as-is.)

Labels On Entries: In addition to making separate entries for recipes, I will be tagging all entries with some relevant information. Labels will be added to recipes that indicate whether or not the recipe is Core or vegetarian, and what type of recipe it is (main dish, beverage, etc.). I've also added a list of labels used to the sidebar of the blog. So when you click on a label, you will get just those entries with that tag. So if you're looking for all Core recipes I've posted, now you can do that! Because I will not break out recipes from past newsletter posts, I've added the relevant recipe tags to those newsletter posts, too.

In doing all of this site maintenance, I realized it's been a long time since I've done any silly kitchen experiments. Keep your eyes peeled for the next installment of "I Cook So You Don't Have To" - I'm canvassing the internet for inspiration as we speak!

No comments: